Search This Blog

Monday, May 06, 2013

Not an Obssession

OVERHEARD YESTERDAY on the Times Square Shuttle:

“It’s not like I love Gypsy so much, but I had to see it again. I love Patti LuPone, and she was fantastic in it!”

Boyd Gaines and Patti LuPone
in
Gypsy, 2008
“You didn’t go back there specifically to see it again.”

“No! I mean, I was in the neighborhood, so I stopped by the theater – ”

“Right. You never know – ”

“You never know who you’ll see there! And I was able to get a good deal on a ticket!”

“So you saw it again.”

“I wouldn’t have seen it again if it wasn’t so good!

“I mean, Patti LuPone.”

“It’s not an obsession!”

“It’s something you enjoyed.”

“So I ended up seeing it nine times.”

1 comment:

Lily Whiteman said...

That's so cool! You have to tell me more about that!